Another way to follow...

Monday, June 21, 2010

For the Bride and Groom/Happy Wedding Day Card

It amazes me how a color I normally do not like can look so good on a completed card!  Blue is not one of my fav's.  I made this card for a good friend who is getting married next week.  Her new hubby to be doesn't seem the type to like a girly girl card so  that's why I used  the color blue as the main color.  I know, I just couldn't help blinging it up just a bit...lol  The matching envelope  may not be to his taste but the card should pass.  I am hoping they will both like it.  My DH still say's I can't ask for it back if they don't...ROFL  The cuter my cards turn out the harder it is to actually give them away...and OMGosh I gotta let them go...  Who would have thought that I would come to appreciate the color blue.  Anyway's I entered this card into the following challenges:

 

 
 
 
 
Everything I used I had in my stash.  It think my DP stash is going to last forever!  I may  have to start decorating all my envelopes just to use it up faster...then I can buy lot's of new stuff..yeah!  Here's what I used to create my card:
  • Cuttlebug and  Valentine embossing  folder
  • Greeting Farm Digi Stamps ( Aren't they soo cute!)
  • SU Happy Wedding Day stamp
  • For the Bride & Groom stamp/yard sale find!
  • Copic's and Sakura Gel Pens
  • Martha Stewart Heart Corner Punch
  • Blue brad
  • 2 bling gem butterflies and various color bling gem flowers/all from dollar store
  • Marvy Scallop punch to make multi-layered flower on envelope
  • Neverending DPaper
  • Blue & yellow cardstock
  • Envelope another yard sale find
  • Ink
Thank's for looking, comment's are greatly appreciated.  Can't believe it's been over a year since I have gone to a yard sale.  Have a great week!
 

22 comments:

MiniOwner said...

That's so pretty and the blue works well. Thank you for joining in our challenge at Creative Craft World.
Sue x
(Design Team member)

Lorraine Mcneil said...

The colours are great, and this card is perfect for a wedding. I'm sure they are going to love it. Great flower, too. Thanks for joining us at Anya Ink. Hugs. Lorraine

Choccy said...

What a pretty card ! The blue really does work. I agree its often hard to give cards away. I have the same problem. Thankyou for sharing with us at Creative Craft World for our wedding challenge. Good Luck !

Choccy x

Sarah A said...

Wow this is a real cutie! Love the easel card and the image is really sweet, and I love your thinking about working out new ways to use up old stash to make room the new stuff LOL!!

Thanks for joining us over at Creative Craft World this time and good luck!

Sarah x

Shelly said...

Gorgeous wedding pair! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage! Hugs Shelly ;)

Diane said...

What a lovely card, I love the bright colours.

Thanks for taking part in our challenge at Creative Craft World.

Good Luck

Diane

Jamie said...

Love the images & the envelope is sooo cute!

dragonllew said...

That looks great I'm sure they will love it. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft World & good luck x

maxine said...

This is so cute thanks for playing along at lexis

Delphine said...

Lovely card, great colours and your couple is really cute! Thanks for joining us at Anya Ink! Hugs Delphine xx

Tracey said...

Gorgeous! I love these images :)

Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations & Good Luck!

Hugs
Tracey
x

Meda said...

That is so cute!
Thank you for joining our challenge over the cuttlebug blog.

Peta's Blog said...

Aawwww they look so sweet together and they look great in blue too! Your friends will love it!!! I love the matching envelope, what a great idea :oD
Thanks for joining us at Anya Ink, hope to see you back next challenge xoxo
Peta

Emma said...

Awesome Card! I love the DP you have used and the embossing in the background looks great! I know what you mean about not wanting to give them away...hehe! Thanks so much for joining us over at AnyaInk!

Amanda said...

Awww, what a beautiful wedding card.. Easel card are one of my favs.. I just love the texture and colors of this card..Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers this week..

Amanda:0)

Chelsea said...

Lovely card Marjo.
Your friend is going to love it! Don't listen to your hubby! lol
I like the color combo too.
Hugs,
Chelsea

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Lovely creation. Thanks for joining us at 'Anya Ink'.
hugs
Sue

Unknown said...

Beautiful work! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Practical Scrappers!

Dotty Jo said...

Just adorable... and a beauutiful colour choice! Jo x

Chris said...

Absolutely gorgeous card and perfect for the happy couple! Love your colouring and design too. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS. Chris :)

Donna said...

This is such a beautiful card, lovely use of colours and such pretty flowers! Thank you for joining in with our Blooms & Butterflies Challenge at DU2DS :) Donna x

Related Posts with Thumbnails